Daily Office Hours
P.O. Box 42158 Philadelphia PA 19101
The mission of Prometheus Radio is:
- To serve as a microradio resource center offering legal, technical, and organizational support for the non-commercial community broadcasters
- To research and develop technical resources in anticipation of legalized micro-radio. Upon legalization, we will offer technical services to non-commercial micro-stations- equipment testing, frequency searching, submitting FCC applications, studio advice and so on
- To sponsor and produce educational tours, conferences, events and literature on microradio and democratic media issues.
- To serve as a public interest advocate on microradio issues, and to help facilitate public participation in the FCC rulemaking and legislative process.
- To help start a regional micropower association, which could eventually serve as a self-regulating association for low power fm analagous to the ARRL for HAM radio. Until this is formed, we will perform some of its future functions, primarily performing a coordinating and secretarial role to facilitate communications among existing stations.